Participants are invited to submit original abstracts for oral or poster presentations.
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday 12 April 2019
Click here to register for abstract submission for SASHG 2019.
Please note that you can submit abstracts for:
SASHG Main Conference
Young Researchers Forum (Intaka Island)
(please indicate your choice on the submission system)
Poster presentations at the YRF ONLY, will take the form of ‘electronic poster presentations’.
Electronic poster presentation guidelines:
- Posters should be arranged into approximately 3 MS PowerPoint slides (± 1 minute per slide).
- Each 6 minute time slot allows 3 minutes for presenting, 2 minutes for questions, and 1 minute for transitioning between speakers. Very strict timing will be enforced!
Guidelines for abstract submissions
- Interested persons who would like to present oral or poster presentations are invited to submit an abstract for consideration and inclusion in the academic programme.
- Only abstracts submitted online will be considered for inclusion in the programme.
- Faxes or emails will not be accepted.
- The summary should include objectives, method, results and a conclusion. Conclusions to be supported by data. The summary should be self-contained and understandable. References, tables, figures should not be part of the summary.
- The Congress Scientific Committee reserves the right to select papers and posters for presentation.
- Abstracts received will be acknowledged and notification of acceptance or rejection will be by email by 26 April 2019.
- The meeting rooms are equipped with data projectors thus only MS PowerPoint will be accepted.
- Please note that no more than three submissions will be allowed per presenter due to possible programme limitations.
- Please read the submission requirements carefully as submissions will not be changed later. Where possible abstracts will be published as received and the organisers reserve the right to make changes for editing purposes. It is the responsibility of the main author to ensure that submitted abstracts have been edited before submission to minimise errors in the programme.
- All presenting authors are requested to fully register for the congress Wednesday 14 May 2019. If no registration and payment for the congress has been received by this deadline, the presentation will not be listed in the programme. This measure has been taken to overcome any “no-shows” disrupting the programme.
- Presenters may qualify for a prize
- Abstracts can be submitted under the following tracks:
Mendelian DisordersPopulation Genetics
- Online abstract submissions open on 19 October 2018 until the deadline of Friday 12 April 2019.
- Please submit your abstract as per the detailed instructions
Note: Abstracts sent by mail, direct e-mail, or fax cannot be accepted.
Poster exhibition presentation
In order to conform to the size of the panels your poster must not exceed 900mm x 900mm, portrait style.
Presenters are advised to make several copies for placement next to the poster. Special A4 plastic sleeves will be provided at the poster boards for the poster copy and business cards.
Author(s): Insert the surname(s) of the author(s), followed by their initials – for example: Smith, P
Title: Insert the full title of the proposed presentation. Title should not exceed 15 words.
Text: Insert the text of the abstract. The abstract must be presented in English and should not exceed 250 words.
Address: Insert your email address to which enquiries regarding the presentations can be directed.